South Korean prosecutors to question president this week over political scandal: Yonhap
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
South Korean President Park Geun-hye speaks during a meeting with Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev at the presidential house in Seoul, South Korea, Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016. REUTERS/Ahn Young-joon/Pool
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean prosecutors are seeking to question President Park Geun-hye this week over a political scandal which has engulfed her presidency, Yonhap reported on Sunday.
Prosecutors are investigating whether Park exerted improper pressure on "chaebol" conglomerate bosses to raise funds for two foundations at the center of an influence-peddling scandal involving a friend of hers.
Prosecutors have already questioned the chairmen of Hyundai Motor and Korean Air Lines and plan to question the de factor head of Samsung Group and other conglomerate chiefs over the political scandal, media reports said on Sunday.
Hundreds of thousands marched in the capital Seoul on Saturday demanding her resignation. Many of them said Park was unfit to rule.
(Reporting by James Pearson and Ju-min Park; Editing by Michael Perry)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons: Lavrov
- Ukraine hopes for U.S. support under Trump, IMF cash in early Feb: finmin
- Top Chinese official to meet Philippines' Duterte
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!