South Korean prosecutors to question president this week over political scandal: Yonhap
- Euro and global stocks hold Italy-related gains ahead of ECB
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
South Korean President Park Geun-hye speaks during a meeting with Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev at the presidential house in Seoul, South Korea, Thursday, Nov. 10, 2016. REUTERS/Ahn Young-joon/Pool
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean prosecutors are seeking to question President Park Geun-hye this week over a political scandal which has engulfed her presidency, Yonhap reported on Sunday.
Prosecutors are investigating whether Park exerted improper pressure on "chaebol" conglomerate bosses to raise funds for two foundations at the center of an influence-peddling scandal involving a friend of hers.
Prosecutors have already questioned the chairmen of Hyundai Motor and Korean Air Lines and plan to question the de factor head of Samsung Group and other conglomerate chiefs over the political scandal, media reports said on Sunday.
Hundreds of thousands marched in the capital Seoul on Saturday demanding her resignation. Many of them said Park was unfit to rule.
(Reporting by James Pearson and Ju-min Park; Editing by Michael Perry)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Futures flat as oil rally pauses
- In blow to UK, EU rejects leeway for financial traders from tax avoidance rules
- Top Actelion shareholder says backs J&J deal above 246 Sfr/share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!