Small earthquake rocks northern Oklahoma
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - A small earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.5 rattled parts of northern Oklahoma on Tuesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake was reported 9 miles (14 km) southeast of Pawnee shortly before 11:30 p.m. local time, the agency said.
People in Tulsa, the second-largest city in Oklahoma about 60 miles (95 km) to the east of Pawnee, reported walls shaking and items moving in their homes, media said.
"Wow it's rocking in Tulsa tonight," said Jody Tidwell on Twitter.
The tremor comes two months after a magnitude 5.6 quake, one of the strongest earthquakes ever recorded in Oklahoma, shook the area, fueling growing concern about seismic activity linked to energy production.
(Reporting by Brendan O'Brien in Milwaukee; Editing by Nick Macfie)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Indian government to ally with charities to combat child porn online
- Too soon to say if Italy needs fresh measures to curb deficit: minister
- Canada's Trudeau faces ethics probe over Bahamas trip
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!