Putin praises French presidential contender Fillon
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Francois Fillon, former French prime minister and member of Les Republicains political party, attends a rally as he campaigns in the second round for the French center-right presidential primary election in Lyon, France, November 22, 2016. REUTERS/Robert
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday he welcomed intentions to improve ties with Russia that have been voiced by contenders to be the French center-right's presidential candidate.
Putin said he has good personal relations with one of the contenders, Francois Fillon, calling him an "upstanding person."
Speaking to reporters, Putin also said that Moscow hopes that Western moves to counter Russian media will not result in serious restrictions.
(Reporting by Denis Dyomkin; Writing by Andrey Ostroukh; Editing by Christian Lowe)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McCain proposes $7.5 billion of new U.S. military funding for Asia-Pacific
- California Senate confirms Democrat Becerra as attorney general
- Trump's spokesman promises reporters 'never to lie'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!