Philippines to suspend over ten more mines in environmental crackdown: minister
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Philippines Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Secretary Regina Lopez answers a question during a news conference at the department's headquarters in Quezon city, metro Manila, Philippines August 11, 2016. REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines will suspend more than 10 additional mines in an ongoing environmental crackdown on the sector but the announcement of who will be shut has been moved to Sept. 26, the minister in charge of mining said on Wednesday.
Environment and Natural Resources Secretary Regina Lopez said more than 10 mines will "definitely" be suspended "because of the many violations."
Other details, including the identities of those to be suspended, will be announced on Sept. 26, she said.
(Reporting by Neil Jerome Morales and Enrico dela Cruz; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Honeywell cut 3,017 jobs in third quarter
- Chemical spill in Kansas town spurs call for residents to stay indoors
- Trump and Clinton carry campaign barbs into New York charity dinner
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!