Philippines to suspend over ten more mines in environmental crackdown: minister
- Wall Street drops as investors brace for presidential debate
- Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Announces Positive Topline Data from KTE-C19 ZUMA-1 Study in Aggressive NHL
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/26: (KITE) (SNX) (ARRY) Higher; (SXL) (NAT) (RICE) Lower (more...)
Philippines Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) Secretary Regina Lopez answers a question during a news conference at the department's headquarters in Quezon city, metro Manila, Philippines August 11, 2016. REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines will suspend more than 10 additional mines in an ongoing environmental crackdown on the sector but the announcement of who will be shut has been moved to Sept. 26, the minister in charge of mining said on Wednesday.
Environment and Natural Resources Secretary Regina Lopez said more than 10 mines will "definitely" be suspended "because of the many violations."
Other details, including the identities of those to be suspended, will be announced on Sept. 26, she said.
(Reporting by Neil Jerome Morales and Enrico dela Cruz; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of Japan board was uncertain of reaching price goal in July: minutes
- BOJ Nakaso: Structural reforms need to accompany ultra-easy policy
- Japan's PM Abe: BOJ's new policy framework to strengthen monetary policy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!