New York court orders Exxon, PwC to comply with NY AG subpoena
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
A sign is seen in front of the Exxonmobil Baton Rouge Refinery in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, November 6, 2015. REUTERS/Lee Celano
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - The New York Supreme Court ordered Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE: XOM) and PwC to comply with a subpoena issued by the New York Attorney General in August related to PwC's auditing of the oil company.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's office moved the court on Oct. 14 to compel PwC to hand over certain documents after Exxon said it would not permit the auditor to do so. (http://on.ny.gov/2f8lvzA) (http://on.ny.gov/2f8iXBE)
Schneiderman's office is investigating Exxon Mobil's accounting practices and why the oil major hadn't written down the value of its assets in the wake of a slump in oil prices, Reuters reported earlier.
(Reporting by Arathy S Nair in Bengaluru; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Downgrades ExxonMobil (XOM) to Sell
- Pope Francis says 'wait and see' on Trump
- ExxonMobil (XOM) to Acquire Assets in Permian Basin for $5.6B in Shares Plus $1B in Contingent Cash Payments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!