Network gear maker Brocade in advanced talks to sell itself: Bloomberg
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Network gear maker Brocade Communications Systems Inc is in advanced talks to sell itself, Bloomberg reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Broadcom Ltd is one of the interested potential buyers and an acquisition of Brocade could be announced as soon as this week, according to the Bloomberg report. (http://bloom.bg/2f5pae9)
Brocade's shares were up 20.7 percent at $10.49 in afternoon trading. At Friday's close of $8.69, the company had a market capitalization of about $3.5 billion.
Brocade and Broadcom did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
(Reporting by Narottam Medhora in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump team defends health pick Tom Price over ethics charge
- Philippines defense minister says China arms on islands worrying
- Toyota Motor to start testing fuel cell vehicles in UAE
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!