Network gear maker Brocade in advanced talks to sell itself: Bloomberg
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - Network gear maker Brocade Communications Systems Inc is in advanced talks to sell itself, Bloomberg reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Broadcom Ltd is one of the interested potential buyers and an acquisition of Brocade could be announced as soon as this week, according to the Bloomberg report. (http://bloom.bg/2f5pae9)
Brocade's shares were up 20.7 percent at $10.49 in afternoon trading. At Friday's close of $8.69, the company had a market capitalization of about $3.5 billion.
Brocade and Broadcom did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
(Reporting by Narottam Medhora in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Japan's Abe may not be first sitting PM to visit Pearl Harbor: spokesman
- Trump's choice of China envoy a positive sign for ties, Xinhua says