Maybank does not rule out another Malaysia central bank rate cut this year
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Customers leave a branch of Malaysia's Maybank in Putrajaya October 9, 2009. REUTERS/Bazuki Muhammad
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Malaysia's biggest lender Malayan Banking Bhd (Maybank)
Last month, Bank Negara Malaysia surprised markets by cutting its overnight interest rate
The central bank governor later told state news agency Bernama that the rate cut was a "pre-emptive move" to ensure solid 2016 growth and it was "not true" there would be a series of rate reductions.
(Reporting by Liz Lee; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Climate refugees in South Asia need protection, advocates say
- New York, New Jersey 10-year transport plan could include rail tunnel
- For U.S. veterans, pipeline protest promises to galvanize activism
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!