Kremlin says Putin has 'good relations' with French candidate Fillon
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
French politician Francois Fillon, member of the conservative Les Republicains political party, delivers a speech at his campaign headquarters after partial results in the first round of the French center-right presidential primary election vote in Paris,
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin has "rather good relations" with French center-right presidential candidate Francois Fillon, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Tuesday.
Peskov said Moscow was closely watching the election primaries in France.
When asked about two Russian soldiers detained by Ukraine near the border with Crimea, Peskov said Russia had taken all the necessary steps.
"They are Russian Federation citizens, this is the most important thing in this case," Peskov said.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said earlier on Tuesday that Ukraine's detention of the Russian soldiers was "a provocation."
(Reporting by Andrey Ostroukh; Editing by Jack Stubbs)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- South African mining deaths fall to new record low in 2016
- Virginia inmate executed despite arguments against drug 'cocktail'
- Pope to bless Philippines' Duterte, aide says
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!