French police officer injured in knife attack in Toulouse
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
PARIS (Reuters) - A French police officer was injured by a knife-wielding man at a police station in the southern city of Toulouse on Tuesday, a police source said.
Local newspaper La Dépêche du Midi said the 31 year-old man entered the police station pretending to want to make a complaint.
He then launched an attack with a knife on the female officer, injuring her on her neck. The assailant also tried to grab her weapon before he was subdued.
French security forces have been targeted by Islamist militants who have carried out several attacks since January last year.
In June, a Frenchman who pledged allegiance to Islamic State stabbed a police commander to death outside his home and killed his partner, who also worked for the police.
(Reporting by Gérard Bon and Johanna Decorse; Writing by Bate Felix; Editing by Andrew Callus)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Colombia airline restarts Venezuela flights after warplane incident
- Cubs earn first World Series berth since 1945
- Mass prison break in Haiti, 174 inmates flee after killing guard
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!