China official services PMI expands at slightly slower pace in August
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
An employee works at a JD.com logistics centre in Langfang, Hebei province, November 10, 2015. REUTERS/Jason Lee/File Photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - Activity in China's services industry expanded again in August, but at a slightly slower pace than in the previous month, an official survey showed on Thursday.
The official non-manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) stood at 53.5 in August, compared to the previous month's reading of 53.9 and above the 50-point mark that separates growth from contraction on a monthly basis.
China is counting on growth in services to offset persistent weakness in manufacturing and exports that is dragging on the world's second-largest economy.
(Reporting by Yawen Chen and Elias Glenn; Editing by Kim COghill)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chaos erupts as Hong Kong independence activists fight ban to enter legislative chamber
- Kyrgyzstan government resigns after coalition break-up
- Toyota to recall 5.8 million cars in Japan, China, Europe over Takata airbags
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!