China official services PMI expands at slightly slower pace in August
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
An employee works at a JD.com logistics centre in Langfang, Hebei province, November 10, 2015. REUTERS/Jason Lee/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - Activity in China's services industry expanded again in August, but at a slightly slower pace than in the previous month, an official survey showed on Thursday.
The official non-manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) stood at 53.5 in August, compared to the previous month's reading of 53.9 and above the 50-point mark that separates growth from contraction on a monthly basis.
China is counting on growth in services to offset persistent weakness in manufacturing and exports that is dragging on the world's second-largest economy.
(Reporting by Yawen Chen and Elias Glenn; Editing by Kim COghill)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uganda minister says Congo's former M23 rebels not welcome in Uganda
- Thailand to begin amending draft constitution on king's request
- European anti-corruption body tells Georgia well done, but do more
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!