Brazil services sector deepens drop in August
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Activity in Brazil's services sector deepened its downturn in August as new business fell for the 18th straight month, a private survey showed on Monday, although slowing job losses and easing inflation provided some relief for a struggling economy.
The Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) for Brazilian services
The deeper contraction along with an ongoing manufacturing slump dragged Markit's Composite Index
Financial intermediation was the only one of six service categories that did not post slower activity in the month.
The rate of job losses and input price increases eased to the slowest since January.
Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli
email@example.com; +55 11 5644 7725; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ford launches brand to sell auto parts to fix competitors' vehicles
- Reopening NAFTA could revive debate over what makes a car 'American'
- U.S. Senate confirms Pompeo to be Trump's CIA director
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Layoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!