Brazil services sector deepens drop in August
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Activity in Brazil's services sector deepened its downturn in August as new business fell for the 18th straight month, a private survey showed on Monday, although slowing job losses and easing inflation provided some relief for a struggling economy.
The Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) for Brazilian services
The deeper contraction along with an ongoing manufacturing slump dragged Markit's Composite Index
Financial intermediation was the only one of six service categories that did not post slower activity in the month.
The rate of job losses and input price increases eased to the slowest since January.
Reporting by Brad Haynes; Editing by Meredith Mazzilli
firstname.lastname@example.org; +55 11 5644 7725; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egypt's Sisi says pound will strengthen over coming months
- South Korea worries about growing economic risks, amid impeachment push for President Park
- One-time Trump adviser Page to meet businessmen, politicians in Moscow: RIA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesRaising Prices, Layoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!