Angry passenger assaults Turkish bus driver
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Eleven people were wounded in central Istanbul on Friday (September 23) when a bus swerved off the highway after the driver was attacked.
The driver lost control of the vehicle when a passenger assaulted him with an umbrella after an argument. The bus then swerved into oncoming traffic on the other side of the road.
The bus, which was driving through the Acibadem district of Turkey's biggest city when the incident occurred, rammed into three cars, forcing the traffic to stop.
The English-language Hurriyet daily news reported that the driver and attacker had been arguing over opening the doors.
The bus was badly damaged in the incident, with its windscreen completely shattered, while the crashed cars had to be towed away.
The Istanbul municipality said the bus driver was among the wounded. The passenger who assaulted him was taken into custody.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Christmas spirit lacking in Greek bailout wrangles
- A shift from yoga pants may leave Lululemon investors in a sweat
- Boeing expects business jet sales to recover in next two years
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!