Susquehanna Starts Apple (AAPL) at Positive, Citing Significant Growth Potential
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Susquehanna said Apple continues to have significant growth potential, including expanded market share in the Smartphone market and above-market growth in its Mac PC business.
The firm said near-term growth drivers could include:
- rolling out the iPhone into new key markets, such as China;
- building out the iPhone ecosystem with a broader portfolio of segmented products (e.g., iPhone Pro); and
- developing new and innovative mobile devices, including scaling up the iPod Touch platform
Concerns the firm cited on Apple are the ongoing economic malaise and a challenging consumer spending environment. They note consumer represents about 75% of total revenue. That being said, the firm said Apple's differentiated products have demonstrated to be more resilient than the overall market.
For more analyst ratings on AAPL click here.
Get Real-Time Market Moving News Two-Weeks FREE http://www.streetinsider.com/premium_content.php
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) volatility at low end of range into Holiday shopping season
- Susquehanna Downgrades Zions Bancorp (ZION) to Neutral
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesNew Coverage
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!