Ocular Therapeutix (OCUL) Adds to DEXTENZA NDA Gains
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ocular Therapeutix (NASDAQ: OCUL) is adding to yesterday's 34 percent move higher today, with shares up around 10 percent.
Yesterday, Ocular provided an update on the status of its New Drug Application (NDA) for DEXTENZA (dexamethasone insert) 0.4 mg, for intracanalicular use in the treatment of ocular pain occurring after ophthalmic surgery.
Earlier today, Ocular announced that Jonathan Talamo, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, will present at the Ophthalmology Innovation Summit (OIS) at the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) on Monday, August 8, 2016, in San Francisco, CA.
Dr. Talamo will provide an update on the Company’s ongoing preclinical development programs for its sustained release hydrogel technology being developed to treat wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD) and other retinovascular diseases. The Company is developing sustained-release hydrogel-based drug delivery depots for intravitreal injection that can be formulated with both small and large molecule pharmaceuticals, with the goal of delivering sustained and therapeutic levels of drugs to targeted ocular tissues for 4-6 months.
“We at Ocular Therapeutix continue to be encouraged by the results emerging from work with our proprietary delivery platforms for high molecular weight protein VEGF inhibitors and small molecule Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors,” stated Dr. Talamo. “I look forward to sharing these interesting findings with my colleagues in San Francisco next week.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Transgenomic (TBIO) Climbs to Session High, Up 35%
- Hain Celestial (HAIN) January calls expiring today active
- Uncertainty measured by IPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures (VXX) is low into Trump
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!