Ocular Therapeutix (OCUL) Adds to DEXTENZA NDA Gains
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Ocular Therapeutix (NASDAQ: OCUL) is adding to yesterday's 34 percent move higher today, with shares up around 10 percent.
Yesterday, Ocular provided an update on the status of its New Drug Application (NDA) for DEXTENZA (dexamethasone insert) 0.4 mg, for intracanalicular use in the treatment of ocular pain occurring after ophthalmic surgery.
Earlier today, Ocular announced that Jonathan Talamo, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, will present at the Ophthalmology Innovation Summit (OIS) at the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) on Monday, August 8, 2016, in San Francisco, CA.
Dr. Talamo will provide an update on the Company’s ongoing preclinical development programs for its sustained release hydrogel technology being developed to treat wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD) and other retinovascular diseases. The Company is developing sustained-release hydrogel-based drug delivery depots for intravitreal injection that can be formulated with both small and large molecule pharmaceuticals, with the goal of delivering sustained and therapeutic levels of drugs to targeted ocular tissues for 4-6 months.
“We at Ocular Therapeutix continue to be encouraged by the results emerging from work with our proprietary delivery platforms for high molecular weight protein VEGF inhibitors and small molecule Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors,” stated Dr. Talamo. “I look forward to sharing these interesting findings with my colleagues in San Francisco next week.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Helios and Matheson (HMNY) halted on LUDP after surging 65%
- Rambus (RMBS) volatility increases into Q3 and outlook
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!