Ocular Therapeutix (OCUL) Adds to DEXTENZA NDA Gains
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Ocular Therapeutix (NASDAQ: OCUL) is adding to yesterday's 34 percent move higher today, with shares up around 10 percent.
Yesterday, Ocular provided an update on the status of its New Drug Application (NDA) for DEXTENZA (dexamethasone insert) 0.4 mg, for intracanalicular use in the treatment of ocular pain occurring after ophthalmic surgery.
Earlier today, Ocular announced that Jonathan Talamo, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, will present at the Ophthalmology Innovation Summit (OIS) at the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) on Monday, August 8, 2016, in San Francisco, CA.
Dr. Talamo will provide an update on the Company’s ongoing preclinical development programs for its sustained release hydrogel technology being developed to treat wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD) and other retinovascular diseases. The Company is developing sustained-release hydrogel-based drug delivery depots for intravitreal injection that can be formulated with both small and large molecule pharmaceuticals, with the goal of delivering sustained and therapeutic levels of drugs to targeted ocular tissues for 4-6 months.
“We at Ocular Therapeutix continue to be encouraged by the results emerging from work with our proprietary delivery platforms for high molecular weight protein VEGF inhibitors and small molecule Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors,” stated Dr. Talamo. “I look forward to sharing these interesting findings with my colleagues in San Francisco next week.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ContraVir Pharma (CTRV) Gains on Heavy Volume
- Dipexium Pharma (DPRX) Halted LUDP
- Apple (AAPL) October weekly 117.5 straddle priced for movement of 4.4% into Q4