Ocular Therapeutix (OCUL) Adds to DEXTENZA NDA Gains
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Ocular Therapeutix (NASDAQ: OCUL) is adding to yesterday's 34 percent move higher today, with shares up around 10 percent.
Yesterday, Ocular provided an update on the status of its New Drug Application (NDA) for DEXTENZA (dexamethasone insert) 0.4 mg, for intracanalicular use in the treatment of ocular pain occurring after ophthalmic surgery.
Earlier today, Ocular announced that Jonathan Talamo, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, will present at the Ophthalmology Innovation Summit (OIS) at the American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) on Monday, August 8, 2016, in San Francisco, CA.
Dr. Talamo will provide an update on the Company’s ongoing preclinical development programs for its sustained release hydrogel technology being developed to treat wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD) and other retinovascular diseases. The Company is developing sustained-release hydrogel-based drug delivery depots for intravitreal injection that can be formulated with both small and large molecule pharmaceuticals, with the goal of delivering sustained and therapeutic levels of drugs to targeted ocular tissues for 4-6 months.
“We at Ocular Therapeutix continue to be encouraged by the results emerging from work with our proprietary delivery platforms for high molecular weight protein VEGF inhibitors and small molecule Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors,” stated Dr. Talamo. “I look forward to sharing these interesting findings with my colleagues in San Francisco next week.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GenVec (GNVC) halted again LUDP last up 30%
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Apple (AAPL) volatility at low end of range into Holiday shopping season
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMomentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!