Sycamore Partners confirms bid for bankrupt Aeropostale
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
A customer enters an Aeropostale store in Broomfield, Colorado, United States May 14, 2015. REUTERS/Rick Wilking/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
By Jim Christie
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Sycamore Partners on Monday confirmed it submitted a bid for Aeropostale Inc after a judge issued an opinion rejecting the teen-focused retailer's attempt to block an offer and blame its bankruptcy on the private equity firm.
Aeropostale owes $151 million to two Sycamore affiliates, Aero Investors LLC and MGF Sourcing Holdings Ltd, and had sought to preempt a credit bid by them.
Credit bidding allows creditors to offer what they are owed rather than cash to acquire companies.
A representative for Sycamore said the firm made an offer for Aeropostale at the retailer's auction on Monday but declined to say if the offer was a credit bid.
Reuters on Friday reported the firm and liquidators, companies that wind down business, would make offers for the retailer.
Aeropostale in court papers last month argued for a court order denying Aero, a lender, and MGF, a supplier, an opportunity to credit bid their claims.
Aeropostale charged the affiliates had caused liquidity and inventory troubles in an effort to strain the company's finances and drive it into bankruptcy.
Aeropostale filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in May.
(Reporting by Jim Christie; Editing by Bernard Orr)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Intricon Corporation (IIN) Exercises Option to Acquire Remaining 80% Stake in Hearing Help Express
- Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Apiary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Reuters
Related EntitiesBankruptcy, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!