KKR weighs bid for 'Peppa Pig' owner Entertainment One: Bloomberg
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
The Peppa Pig balloon makes its way along the streets during an annual Christmas parade at Santiago town in Chile, December 13, 2015. REUTERS/Pablo Sanhueza
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Private-equity firm KKR & Co (NYSE: KKR) may bid for television distributor Entertainment One Ltd (NYSE: ETO) after the owner of the preschool cartoon character "Peppa Pig" rejected an offer from UK broadcaster ITV Plc
KKR has not decided whether to make a bid, Bloomberg reported, citing sources.
Entertainment One last week rejected a 1 billion pound ($1.3 billion) takeover offer from British broadcaster ITV, saying it undervalued the production and distribution company.
Starting life as a Canadian record and tape retailer, eOne now boasts a library of rights including more than 40,000 film and television titles, 4,500 hours of television programming and 45,000 music tracks.
The group, which bought the European licensing rights for the DreamWorks Studios film of Roald Dahl's children's book "The BFG," says its rights alone were independently valued at over $1 billion last year.
Buying Toronto-based eOne would bolster an acquirer's activities in television production and family entertainment as well as give it an international film distribution business.
eOne has come under pressure from U.S activist shareholder Livermore Partners for the rapid pace of its dealmaking and what it said was a lack of focus on cashflow.
($1 = 0.7660 pounds)
(Reporting by Toronto newsroom; Editing by Richard Chang)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- UPDATE: Perrigo (PRGO) Sees Intra-Day Gains on Report It Hired a Banker
- CNBC's David Faber confirms AT&T (T) and Time Warner (TWX) are in advanced deal talks
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!