EnteroMedics (ETRM) Appoints New Board Chair
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
EnteroMedics Inc. (NASDAQ: ETRM) announced the appointment of President and Chief Executive Officer Dan Gladney as Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective October 14, 2016. Mr. Gladney will succeed Dr. Mark Knudson, co-founder of EnteroMedics, who will be retiring from the Board. Dr. Knudson will be Special Advisor to the CEO on clinical and scientific activities following his retirement. As part of this transition, the EnteroMedics Board will take action at its December meeting to create an Independent Lead Director position and has asked the Nominating and Governance Committee to recommend a candidate for appointment to that position.
"It is an honor to lead the EnteroMedics Board of Directors at such a pivotal time for the company," said Mr. Gladney. "EnteroMedics' commitment to combatting morbid obesity only gets stronger as we press onward towards our goals of both obtaining broad reimbursement coverage for vBloc Therapy® and ensuring that this proven option is as widely available as possible. I would like to thank Mark for his service and dedication to the company over the last 14 plus years."
"Dan is a highly capable, effective executive with a proven track record of success at EnteroMedics," said Dr. Knudson. "It has been a privilege to lead the EnteroMedics' Board of Directors, and knowing that Dan will be taking over leaves me confident that the company will maintain its dominant position in the neuromodulation device industry in the areas of obesity, diabetes and gastrointestinal disorders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Roka Bioscience (ROKA) Names Mary Duseau as CEO; Paul Thomas to Assume Role as Chairman
- RPM International (RPM) Acquires Prime Resins
- EPAM Systems (EPAM), UBS Sign Strategic Multi-Year Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!