EnteroMedics (ETRM) Appoints New Board Chair
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
EnteroMedics Inc. (NASDAQ: ETRM) announced the appointment of President and Chief Executive Officer Dan Gladney as Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective October 14, 2016. Mr. Gladney will succeed Dr. Mark Knudson, co-founder of EnteroMedics, who will be retiring from the Board. Dr. Knudson will be Special Advisor to the CEO on clinical and scientific activities following his retirement. As part of this transition, the EnteroMedics Board will take action at its December meeting to create an Independent Lead Director position and has asked the Nominating and Governance Committee to recommend a candidate for appointment to that position.
"It is an honor to lead the EnteroMedics Board of Directors at such a pivotal time for the company," said Mr. Gladney. "EnteroMedics' commitment to combatting morbid obesity only gets stronger as we press onward towards our goals of both obtaining broad reimbursement coverage for vBloc Therapy® and ensuring that this proven option is as widely available as possible. I would like to thank Mark for his service and dedication to the company over the last 14 plus years."
"Dan is a highly capable, effective executive with a proven track record of success at EnteroMedics," said Dr. Knudson. "It has been a privilege to lead the EnteroMedics' Board of Directors, and knowing that Dan will be taking over leaves me confident that the company will maintain its dominant position in the neuromodulation device industry in the areas of obesity, diabetes and gastrointestinal disorders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!