Deluxe Corp. (DLX) Names Ed Merritt as Interim CFO after Terry Peterson Departs
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deluxe Corporation (NYSE: DLX) announced today that Edward A. Merritt, 49, will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer on an interim basis, effective upon the departure of Terry Peterson, who has resigned to take a similar position at a larger company. Merritt has been Treasurer and Vice President of Investor Relations of Deluxe since joining Deluxe in August 2013, a position he will continue to hold. From August 2007 to August 2013, he was the Vice President of Treasury, Investor Relations & Corporate Development for Digital River, Inc., a leading provider of global e-commerce solutions. Prior to joining Digital River, he spent over 20 years in the retailing industry with the JCPenney Company, Inc., holding a number of corporate positions in finance, merchandise operations, merchandise planning and investor relations.
Mr. Merritt holds an MBA in Finance from the University of Texas at Dallas and a Bachelors of Business Administration in Financial Management and Accounting from the University of North Dakota. He has served on the boards of directors of several private and pre-IPO stage companies, in addition to serving on the board of directors of the American Red Cross for the Minnesota Region.
“We are pleased to have someone with Ed’s qualifications to assume the interim role and ensure a smooth transition,” said Lee Schram, Chief Executive Officer. He added, “We also appreciate Terry’s contributions to Deluxe during his 12 years of service and wish him the best in his new endeavors.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Announces David Jaffe as Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesTwitter, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!