Baldwin & Lyons (BWINA) Names New CFO
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Mr. Vens joined the Company in June 2014 as Managing Director of Finance and after that served as Vice President of Strategy and Planning from June 2016 to the present, a role that includes management of the Company’s reinsurance and actuarial teams. Prior to joining the Company, Mr. Vens served in Merrill Lynch & Co.’s investment banking division from 2002 to 2011, specializing in insurance company advisory and financing transactions. Mr. Vens holds a BA from the University of Notre Dame and an MBA from Harvard University.
The Company also announced today that Chief Executive Officer W. Randall Birchfield has been given the additional title of Company President.
A graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, Mr. Birchfield went on to receive an MA in Managerial Economics from the University of Oklahoma and an MBA from Harvard University. Mr. Birchfield has an extensive background in the property and casualty insurance industry through his many years working for Allstate Insurance Company, Farmers Insurance Company, American International Group and Progressive Insurance Company. He joined the company in September 2013 serving as the Vice President of Underwriting. In April 2014, he was promoted to Executive Vice President of Sales and Underwriting. Mr. Birchfield moved into his current role as Chief Executive Officer in May 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- Wells Fargo (WFC) Changes By-Laws to Require Separation of Chairman and CEO Roles