TrueCar, Inc. (TRUE) Files $125M IPO
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- AIG's (AIG) Peter Hancock Assumes CEO Role; Benmosche Becomes Advisor
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
TrueCar, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRUE) filed a registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an Initial Public Offering of its Common Stock. The proposed maximum offering price is $125 million. The company plans to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker,
The offering is being made via Goldman, Sachs & Co. and J.P. Morgan.
Weighted number of shares outstanding at the end of 2013 was about 87.81 million, or 88.28 million on a pro forma basis.
Our network of over 7,000 TrueCar Certified Dealers consists primarily of new car franchises, representing all major makes of cars, as well as independent dealers. TrueCar Certified Dealers operate in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. We estimate that users of our platform purchasing cars from TrueCar Certified Dealers accounted for approximately 2.0% of all new car sales in the United States in 2013. Since our founding in 2005, TrueCar users have purchased over 1.1 million cars from TrueCar Certified Dealers, including nearly 400,000 during 2013.
During 2013, we generated revenues of $134.0 million and recorded a net loss of $25.1 million. Of the $134.0 million in revenue, 89% consisted of transaction revenues with the remaining 11% derived primarily from the sale of data and consulting services to the automotive and financial services industries. Transaction revenues primarily consist of fees paid to us by our network of TrueCar Certified Dealers under our pay-for-performance business model where we generally earn a fee only when a TrueCar user purchases a car from them.
TrueCar's mission is to transform the car-buying experience for consumers and the way that dealers attract customers and sell cars. The company has established an intelligent, data-driven online platform operating on a common technology infrastructure, powered by proprietary data and analytics.
You May Also Be Interested In
- TrueCar Forecasts Automotive SAAR to Hit 16.6 Million in August
- TrueCar Among '2014 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles'
- Goldman Raises Its Price Target on Four Internet Stocks Due to Rising M&A Potential (YELP) (WBMD) (TRUE) (DMD)