Obalon Therapeutics (OBLN) IPO Opens Modestly Higher
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Today's IPO for Obalon Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: OBLN) opened for trading at $15.21 after pricing 5,000,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $15 per share, the middle of the expected $14-$16 range.
UBS Investment Bank, Canaccord Genuity and Stifel are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. BTIG is acting as a co-manager.
Obalon Therapeutics is a commercial-stage medical device company focused on developing and commercializing innovative medical devices to treat obese and overweight people by facilitating weight loss. The company's initial product offering is the Obalon balloon system, the first swallowable, gas-filled intragastric balloon designed to provide progressive and sustained weight loss in obese patients. They recently received premarket approval, or PMA, from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, to market our balloon system for temporary use to facilitate weight loss in obese adults with a body mass index, or BMI, of 30 to 40, who have failed to lose weight through diet and exercise. The Obalon balloon system is intended to be used as an adjunct to a moderate intensity diet and behavior modification program. All balloons must be removed six months after the first balloon is placed. The Obalon balloon system has the potential to provide patients and physicians with a cost-effective, reversible and repeatable weight loss solution in an outpatient setting, without altering patient anatomy or requiring surgery. They anticipate commencing the U.S. commercial launch of our Obalon balloon system in early 2017.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Canaccord Genuity Remains Bullish on Intel (INTC)
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $96 at Canaccord Genuity
- Cree (CREE) PT Raised to $23 at Canaccord Genuity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs
Related EntitiesStifel, UBS, Canaccord Genuity, IPO, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!