UPDATE: Most SABMiller Proxy Votes Said to Back AB InBev (BUD) Takeover Bid - Bloomberg
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 27, 2016 8:45 AM EDT)
Most SABMiller investors voting by proxy supported AB InBev's (NYSE: BUD) takeover bid, an early indication that the deal will go forward, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
The report noted that the bid requires approval from 75% of SABMiller shareholders, excluding its two biggest investors who aren't voting. Additional votes and votes from hedge funds that lobbied against the deal are expected during the meeting.
Sourced told Bloomberg that most investors voted by proxy.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Schneider Electric Denies Rumours on a Possible Offer on Rockwell Automation (ROK)
- B/E Aerospace (BEAV) volatility flat into deal with Rockwell Collins (ROK)
- Netflix (NFLX) senior notes offering said raised to $1 billion from $800 million - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!