UPDATE: Most SABMiller Proxy Votes Said to Back AB InBev (BUD) Takeover Bid - Bloomberg
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 27, 2016 8:45 AM EDT)
Most SABMiller investors voting by proxy supported AB InBev's (NYSE: BUD) takeover bid, an early indication that the deal will go forward, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
The report noted that the bid requires approval from 75% of SABMiller shareholders, excluding its two biggest investors who aren't voting. Additional votes and votes from hedge funds that lobbied against the deal are expected during the meeting.
Sourced told Bloomberg that most investors voted by proxy.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rubicon Project (RUBI) to Explore Strategic Options, Including Sale - DJ
- Twitter (TWTR) on Watch Amid Unconfirmed Takeover Rumors
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM) on Watch Amid Unconfirmed Takeover Rumors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!