Microsemi (MSCC) Said Exploring Potential Sale - Source
- Techs buoy S&P, Nasdaq; Goldman pushes Dow to record high
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a California-based semiconductor company, is shopping itself to potential buyers, according to a person claiming to have knowledge of the matter. Further details about the sale including price and timing weren’t made known.
If Microsemi is eventually sold it would be the latest takeover in an industry rife with deals. Microsemi already played a hand in the M&A swell when it acquired PMC-Sierra last year for $2.5 billion, a 77% premium. This time the company may be hoping to fetch its own premium.
Representatives for Microsemi declined to comment on the rumor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BAT Said to Plan Increased Bid for Reynolds American (RAI) as Soon as This Week - Bloomberg
- Microsemi (MSCC): Improving Fundamentals and Cash Flow Warrant Higher Multiple - Needham & Company
- Pandora (P) Pares Gains; Making No New Effort to Sell Itself - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!