Microsemi (MSCC) Said Exploring Potential Sale - Source
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a California-based semiconductor company, is shopping itself to potential buyers, according to a person claiming to have knowledge of the matter. Further details about the sale including price and timing weren’t made known.
If Microsemi is eventually sold it would be the latest takeover in an industry rife with deals. Microsemi already played a hand in the M&A swell when it acquired PMC-Sierra last year for $2.5 billion, a 77% premium. This time the company may be hoping to fetch its own premium.
Representatives for Microsemi declined to comment on the rumor.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Depomed (DEPO) 'Clearly' on Purdue Pharma Radar - Bloomberg
- Immunomedics (IMMU) Exploring a Sale - DealReporter
- Alaska Air wins U.S. antitrust approval for Virgin deal with conditions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!