Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Gains on Strong Volume; Ackman Sees Relationship as 'Constructive'
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) is gaining sharply Thursday on strong volume. Shares are up 6.7%.
Earlier, large investor Bill Ackman of Pershing Square Capital said he has had an "extremely constructive relationship."
In a note earlier this week, analyst at Detwiler Fenton noted, "... checks suggested that line counts and consumer traffic / occupancy rates have been increasing sequentially over the past couple of quarters, building from the trough that formed in Q1." They added, "What's more interesting to us is that field reports suggest that such programs have been driving re-engagement. In September of this year, traffic was off more than 13% to LY and comp sales were off about 20%. Our checks suggest that October was a markedly better month, comps off in the mid-single digits in many stores. Note that October was up against a relatively flat result LY, as this was before the E. Coli news cycle hit. What's more, we're hearing that November comps are up nicely - double digits in much of the chain; but this is up against a teen decline LY in November."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Active Amid Cautious Conference Comments
- Instinet Cuts Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) PT to $333
- Macau Casinos Pare Losses as Analysts Reject ATM Cap Report - Bloomberg (WYNN) (MGM) (LVS) (MPEL)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!