Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Gains on Strong Volume; Ackman Sees Relationship as 'Constructive'
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) is gaining sharply Thursday on strong volume. Shares are up 6.7%.
Earlier, large investor Bill Ackman of Pershing Square Capital said he has had an "extremely constructive relationship."
In a note earlier this week, analyst at Detwiler Fenton noted, "... checks suggested that line counts and consumer traffic / occupancy rates have been increasing sequentially over the past couple of quarters, building from the trough that formed in Q1." They added, "What's more interesting to us is that field reports suggest that such programs have been driving re-engagement. In September of this year, traffic was off more than 13% to LY and comp sales were off about 20%. Our checks suggest that October was a markedly better month, comps off in the mid-single digits in many stores. Note that October was up against a relatively flat result LY, as this was before the E. Coli news cycle hit. What's more, we're hearing that November comps are up nicely - double digits in much of the chain; but this is up against a teen decline LY in November."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gundlach sees Trump views weakening dollar, boosting TIPS demand
- 3M Co. (MMM) January weekly volatility increases into Q4 and outlook
- Verizon Communications (VZ) on call put ratio of 1 call to 2.2 puts into Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!