New Oriental Education (EDU) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
New Oriental Education (NYSE: EDU) reported Q1 EPS of $0.90, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.92. Revenue for the quarter came in at $534.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $521.77 million.
Operating Highlights for the First Fiscal Quarter Ended August 31, 2016
- Total student enrollments in academic subjects tutoring and test preparation courses increased by 31.2% year-over-year to approximately 1,326,300 for the first fiscal quarter of 2017.
- The total number of schools and learning centers was 771 as of August 31, 2016, an increase of 50 compared to 721 as of August 31, 2015, and an increase of 23 compared to 748 as of May 31, 2016. The total number of schools was 67 as of August 31, 2016.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on New Oriental Education (EDU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- New Oriental Education (EDU) Declines; Standards Council to Investigate - Reuters
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Misses Q1 EPS by 2c, Comps Fall 5%
- New Oriental Responds to Recent Media Reports
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!