Hydrogenics (HYGS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Hydrogenics (NASDAQ: HYGS) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.15), $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.18). Revenue for the quarter came in at $6.73 million versus the consensus estimate of $10.18 million.
“The third quarter was a very busy time for Hydrogenics, as we won new orders that increased our backlog to the highest level in corporate history,” said Daryl Wilson, Hydrogenics’ CEO and President. “With such awards in hand and given project timing, we expect stronger revenue in the fourth quarter and are well-positioned for higher growth in 2017. This quarter saw Alstom unveil its first fuel cell-powered train, at the InnoTrans railroad industry trade show in Berlin, and German aerospace leader DLR with the launch of its four-person HY4 plane, both using Hydrogenics technology. These were groundbreaking developments that relied on our applications engineering strength and advanced PEM fuel cell technology.
“In addition, we recently secured a new five year, $9 million debt facility. We remain on track with our long-term contracts for an Enbridge energy storage facility in Toronto, heavy-duty fuel cells for Alstom, our propulsion application, and numerous opportunities in China. At the same time we continue to work diligently with multiple parties in Korea, including Kolon, on sites that can leverage our hydrogen-based power generation technology. Demand for fueling continues to rise with fuel cell vehicle deployment as illustrated in the recently-announced partnership with StratosFuel to build North America’s largest renewable hydrogen power plant. We see markets for our various applications across Asia along with multiple avenues for growth in China, Europe and in California.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Hydrogenics (HYGS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c, Comps Up 16%; Offers Guidance
- Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Updates on Enterprise Strategy; Guides FY17 EPS Inline
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!