Disney (DIS) Misses Q4 EPS by 6c
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Disney (NYSE: DIS) reported Q4 EPS of $1.10, $0.06 worse than the analyst estimate of $1.16. Revenue for the quarter came in at $13.1 billion versus the consensus estimate of $13.52 billion.
“We’re very pleased with our performance for the year, delivering the highest revenue, net income and earnings per share in Disney’s history,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “Fiscal 2016 was our sixth consecutive year of record results, highlighted by the opening of Shanghai Disney Resort, the phenomenally successful return of Star Wars, and our Studio’s record-breaking $7.5 billion in total box office. We remain confident that Disney will continue to deliver strong growth over the long-term as we further strengthen our brands and franchises, our technological capabilities, and our international presence.”
The following table summarizes the fourth quarter and full year results for fiscal 2016 and 2015 (in millions, except per share amounts):
|Quarter Ended||Year Ended|
|October 1,2016||Oct. 3, 2015||Change||October 1,2016||October 3,2015||Change|
|Segment operating income(1)||$||3,176||$||3,534||(10||)%||$||15,721||$||14,681||7||%|
EPS excluding certain items affecting comparability(1)
|Cash provided by operations||$||3,827||$||3,328||15||%||$||13,213||$||10,909||21||%|
|Free cash flow(1)||$||2,745||$||2,124||29||%||$||8,440||$||6,644||27||%|
(1) EPS excluding items affecting comparability, segment operating income and free cash flow are non-GAAP financial measures. See the discussion on pages 8 through 10.(2) Reflects amounts attributable to shareholders of The Walt Disney Company, i.e. after deduction of noncontrolling interests.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Disney (DIS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Overweight
- Expect Twilio (TWLO) To Exceed Baseline Revenue Estimates, 2017 Guidance Likely Conservative - William Blair
- Synchrony Financial (SYF) PT Raised to $41 at JMP Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!