Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) Tops Q3 EPS by 9c
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cheesecake Factory (NASDAQ: CAKE) reported Q3 EPS of $0.70, $0.09 better than the analyst estimate of $0.61. Revenue for the quarter came in at $560 million versus the consensus estimate of $556.15 million.
Comparable restaurant sales at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants increased 1.7% in the third quarter of fiscal 2016.
“We delivered our 27th consecutive quarter of positive comparable sales as we continue to create unique dining experiences for our guests, supporting consistent and predictable performance,” said David Overton, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “We meaningfully outpaced the casual dining industry during the third quarter, underscoring our differentiated positioning as we remain a destination of choice in a competitive landscape.”
Overton concluded, “Sales leverage and effective cost management drove solid year-over-year operating margin expansion and earnings growth. We are executing at a high level operationally, positioning us well for a strong finish to 2016 and as we look ahead to 2017.”
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Toll Brothers (TOL) Posts Improved Q4 Adjusted Pre-Tax Income
- Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Tops Q2 EPS by 11c; FY17 adj.-EPS Outlook Boosted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!