Best Buy (BBY) Tops Q3 EPS by 15c; Comps Beat Views; Issues Mixed Q4 Outlook
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 17, 2016 7:02 AM EST)
Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) reported Q3 EPS of $0.62, $0.15 better than the analyst estimate of $0.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $8.95 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.85 billion.
Domestic comps rose 1.8 percent, versus a gain of 1.0 percent expected by analysts.
Best Buy is providing the following Q4 FY17 financial guidance:
- Enterprise revenue in the range of $13.4 billion to $13.6 billion. (The Street sees $13.7 billion.)
- Enterprise comparable sales change in the range of (1.0%) to 1.0%
- Domestic comparable sales change in the range of (1.0%) to 1.0%
- International comparable sales change in the range of (2.0%) to 2.0%
- Non-GAAP effective income tax rate of 35.0% to 35.5%3
- Diluted weighted average share count of approximately 315 million
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS of $1.62 to $1.673. (The Street sees $1.58.)
Note: In Q4 FY17, International revenue is expected to once again be comparable on a year-over-year basis and therefore the company is now guiding Enterprise, Domestic and International comparable sales.5
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Best Buy (BBY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays Upgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Overweight
- Ameris Bancorp (ABCB) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- Expect Google (GOOGL) To Post A Strong Topline Q4 Report - Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!