Best Buy (BBY) Tops Q3 EPS by 15c; Comps Beat Views; Issues Mixed Q4 Outlook
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 17, 2016 7:02 AM EST)
Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) reported Q3 EPS of $0.62, $0.15 better than the analyst estimate of $0.47. Revenue for the quarter came in at $8.95 billion versus the consensus estimate of $8.85 billion.
Domestic comps rose 1.8 percent, versus a gain of 1.0 percent expected by analysts.
Best Buy is providing the following Q4 FY17 financial guidance:
- Enterprise revenue in the range of $13.4 billion to $13.6 billion. (The Street sees $13.7 billion.)
- Enterprise comparable sales change in the range of (1.0%) to 1.0%
- Domestic comparable sales change in the range of (1.0%) to 1.0%
- International comparable sales change in the range of (2.0%) to 2.0%
- Non-GAAP effective income tax rate of 35.0% to 35.5%3
- Diluted weighted average share count of approximately 315 million
- Non-GAAP diluted EPS of $1.62 to $1.673. (The Street sees $1.58.)
Note: In Q4 FY17, International revenue is expected to once again be comparable on a year-over-year basis and therefore the company is now guiding Enterprise, Domestic and International comparable sales.5
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Best Buy (BBY) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- XTL Biopharma (XTLB) Posts Breakeven Q3 Loss
- Sigma Designs (SIGM) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.09
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!