Commodity Options Scheme Fetches Trader $600,000 Fine
- Dollar Tree (DLTR) to Acquire Family Dollar (FDO) for $74.50/Share
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 07/28: (DPW) (FDO) (LOCO) Higher; (ACRX) (HZNP) (EDAP) Lower
- Zillow (Z) to Acquire Trulia (TRLA) in $3.5B Deal
- Carl Icahn Makes Quick $174M from Family Dollar Stores (FDO) Sale
- Virgin America Files for U.S. IPO
A trader was hit with a $600,000 fine and banned from trading for engaging in a scheme to avoid margin calls when placing orders on commodity options on the NYME and the CME. The CFTC accused Kent R.E. Whitney of perpetrating margin call avoidance by using out-of-the-money options, which have no intrinsic value. He is also being accused of making false statements to the CME and others.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Tesla Motors (TSLA) /Panasonic Reach Battery Agreement - Nikkei
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) Sees Accumulation Into Tuesday's Earnings
- Manhattan Bridge Capital (LOAN) Prices 1.75M Common Offering at $2.85/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCommodities, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!