Yahoo! (YHOO) PT Lifted to $48 at Susquehanna
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Susquehanna analyst Shyam Patil reiterated a Positive rating and lifted his price target on Yahoo! (NASDAQ: YHOO) to $48.00 (from $44.00) following results.
- Our thoughts going forward and upcoming catalysts. At this point, the focus is on the sale of the core to Verizon and whether there could possibly be a cut to the valuation. Based on our conversations, we believe investors are estimating a possible cut in the $500m-$1b range; meanwhile, our calculations suggest that the stock is potentially baking in $1.6b. The key catalysts for the stock are the core sale and price, and potential tax efficiencies from the BABA stake.
- 3Q revenue in-line while EBITDA beats on lower COGS. Revenue ex TAC was in-line with us and consensus. Display (ex TAC) increased 2% y/y, 2% above our estimate and 4% above consensus, Search revenue, excluding the change in revenue presentation, decreased 20% y/y and missed us/consensus by 3%, and Other missed us/consensus by 1%/3%. Other COGS came in 12% below our model but Opex was in-line, and net-net EBITDA beat us/consensus by 7%/11%.
- 4Q net revenue guide lowered, but EBITDA comes in higher. 4Q revenue ex TAC (at the midpoint) was 3%/4% below us/consensus, while EBITDA was 9% ahead of us and 16% ahead of the Street. Full year 2016 revenue ex TAC (at the midpoint) was lowered $40 million, while FY EBITDA guidance was increased $80 million.
Shares of Yahoo! closed at $41.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Lululemon (LULU) Q3 'Solid Beat Across the Board', PT to $82 - Susquehanna
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesSusquehanna International Group of Companies
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!