Wedbush Remains Sidelined on Progress Software (PRGS) Following New CEO Appointment
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Wedbush reiterated a Neutral rating and $24.00 price target on Progress Software (NASDAQ: PRGS) following the company's announced appointment of Yogesh Gupta as the new CEO, replacing current CEO Phil Pead. Prior to joining PRGS, Mr. Gupta was president and CEO of IT operations software vendor Kaseya, Inc. from 2013 to 2105. Mr. Gupta’s prior experience and shared vision probably caused PRGS to activate and accelerate CEO succession.
Analyst Steve Koenig commented, "Yesterday, after the market close, PRGS announced the appointment of Yogesh Gupta as the new CEO, replacing current CEO Phil Pead. Also, PRGS reiterated its 4Q and FY16 guidance ($415M/$1.60 for FY16 revenue/EPS, at the high end of the range). Mr. Pead has served as the CEO since December 2012 and will continue to serve on the board of directors. Under Mr. Pead’s leadership, PRGS has grown its annual revenue 30% and non-GAAP EPS by 50%, impressive for a 35-year-old company whose flagship products (OpenEdge and DataDirect Connect) are mature. Under his leadership, PRGS initiated a move to target the software development needs of enterprises seeking to transform their marketing to digital. We expect Mr. Gupta to carry this initiative forward, with particular focus on developing PRGS’s go-to-market motion directed at digital marketing/IT executives and developers."
Shares of Progress Software closed at $27.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX): Regardless Of CEO Transition, Multiple Will Contract - Buckingham
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!