Valeant (VRX) Derm NRx Up Week-Over-Week, Ophth NRx Down - RBC
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Douglas Miehm provided the latest weekly script data on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX), noting Derm NRx were up 0.6% week-over-week and ophth NRx decreased 0.9% week-over-week.
"For the week ending August 19th, new derm scripts (NRx) were up 0.6% vs. down 1.5% the prior week. NRx in the week were 50,542, up slightly from 50,246 the prior week. Derm TRx were up 1.6% WoW vs. down 1.3% the prior week. TRx were 73,132 vs. 71,963 the prior week. Exhibit 1 outlines derm script trends. We have not included Symphony data for the past two weeks due to delays in reporting and missing product data. We continue to closely watch derm TRx/NRx trends to assess whether the recently implemented co-pay increases (outlined in our Q2/16 Results note) have an impact on scripts that run through the Walgreens program.
For the week ending August 19th, new ophth scripts (NRx) were down 0.9% WoW vs. down 0.7% the prior week. NRx were 42,120 vs. 42,487 the prior week. We note that this is the fifth consecutive week that ophth scripts have declined WoW. Ophth TRx were down 0.6% WoW to 55,812 TRx vs. down 1.5% the prior week. Exhibit 2 outlines ophth script trends."
The firm maintained a Sector Perform rating and price target of $36.00.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $31.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
- Valeant (VRX) Positive IDP-118 Trial Data Doesn't Change View - Mizuho
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!