Urban Outfitters (URBN): Notes From Management Meetings - Wells Fargo
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Ike Boruchow, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Urban Outfitters, Inc. (NASDAQ: URBN) and raised his valuation range to $32-$34 from $28-$30 after hosting meetings with Frank Conforti, CFO and Oona McCullough, IR.
Amidst a difficult retail backdrop for apparel, the analyst thinks URBN seems to be doing all the right things:
1) inventories are lean and continue to be well managed heading into holiday (down at all brands as of Q2)
2) the UO concept is benefitting from on-trend merchandise (a new fashion cycle appears to be emerging) while markdown levels are at historic lows
3) Anthro, though still not out of the woods, is seeing GM improvement (via improving IMUs) with potential to see improved comp performance in Q4 (as they lap the biggest declines from their women’s apparel challenges).
Following a strong start to the year (URBN +40% vs. SPX +6% since May), the key going forward will likely be more about Anthro’s ability to drive comps/margin, as the benefits seen over the past 12-18 months at UO likely begin to moderate.
Shares of Urban Outfitters, Inc. closed at $35.13 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Western Digital (WDC) to $75; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, Ike Boruchow
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!