UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Marathon Petroleum (MPC) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 8:26 AM EDT)
UBS upgraded Marathon Petroleum (NYSE: MPC) from Sell to Neutral with a price target of $44. Analyst Spiro M. Dounis said he is more constructive despite risks.
"We upgrade MPC to Neutral from Sell as a result of the company's newly announced plans to unlock value in the GP and accelerate growth at the MLP. The announcement alleviates some of our concerns over MPLX's slower growth and the potential for MPC to be more accommodative. While these measures may mean taking on more units than cash on dropdowns we don’t expect the multiple paid to be highly accommodative as seen in the marine asset drop down earlier in 2016 (i.e., 5.0x," said Dounis.
Shares of Marathon Petroleum closed at $43.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Paycom Software (PAYC) at Outperform
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!