UPDATE: Stifel Starts AveXis (AVXS) at Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 14, 2016 9:08 AM EST)
Stifel initiated coverage on AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS) with a Hold rating and a price target of $65.
Analyst Katherine Breedis said, "We believe AVXS has strong management as well as an exciting gene therapy asset, Ph.I AVXS-101, which has demonstrated very encouraging early results in the treatment of children afflicted with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Type 1. SMA-1 is a rare neurological disorder owing to mutation of the SMN gene (aka, “floppy baby syndrome”, which affects about 240 infants/year who often die before reaching 24 months). Based on early data, we believe AVXS-101 could receive US approval and launch in the US in 2019E, with the potential to generate $530 million in revenues by 2025. However, we believe much of the upside is already reflected in AVXS’ current valuation with AVXS shares up 40% (vs. IBB +11%) following news regarding the potential Ph.I, single-arm pivotal study pathway to potential registration on November 1, 2016 (+237% since AVXS’ IPO 2/11/16 vs. IBB +15%). Further, we also see potential headline risk with the upcoming near-term potential approval of Biogen/Ionis’ Spinraza (nusinersen) for all SMA subtypes in est. 4Q16/1Q17."
Shares of AveXis closed at $67.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesStifel, S1, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!