UPDATE: Stifel Starts AveXis (AVXS) at Hold
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 14, 2016 9:08 AM EST)
Stifel initiated coverage on AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS) with a Hold rating and a price target of $65.
Analyst Katherine Breedis said, "We believe AVXS has strong management as well as an exciting gene therapy asset, Ph.I AVXS-101, which has demonstrated very encouraging early results in the treatment of children afflicted with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Type 1. SMA-1 is a rare neurological disorder owing to mutation of the SMN gene (aka, “floppy baby syndrome”, which affects about 240 infants/year who often die before reaching 24 months). Based on early data, we believe AVXS-101 could receive US approval and launch in the US in 2019E, with the potential to generate $530 million in revenues by 2025. However, we believe much of the upside is already reflected in AVXS’ current valuation with AVXS shares up 40% (vs. IBB +11%) following news regarding the potential Ph.I, single-arm pivotal study pathway to potential registration on November 1, 2016 (+237% since AVXS’ IPO 2/11/16 vs. IBB +15%). Further, we also see potential headline risk with the upcoming near-term potential approval of Biogen/Ionis’ Spinraza (nusinersen) for all SMA subtypes in est. 4Q16/1Q17."
Shares of AveXis closed at $67.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
- Oppenheimer Assumes Mallinckrodt plc (MNK) at Outperform
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesStifel, S1, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!