UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades VMware (VMW) to Outperform
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 9:33 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded VMware (NYSE: VMW) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $90.
Analyst Ittai Kidron said, "Our positive stance is based on (1) recent AWS and IBM partnerships, which validate VMware as a critical hybrid cloud partner; (2) now, a more complete software-defined data center (SDDC) vision; (3) improved product diversity, with new solutions offsetting challenges to core; and (4) our belief that VMware can deliver EPS upside and that the shares undervalue this upside opportunity and over-discount cloud risks. We also note the possible positive impact of Dell's distribution channel, pegged by VMware at $1B annual revenue. We see upside as investors gradually buy into VMware's hybrid cloud strategy and VMware delivers consistent EPS upside, disproving concerns about growth/public cloud."
Shares of VMware closed at $77.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- BTIG Raises Price Target on Cogent Communication (CCOI) to $50
- KLR Group Upgrades Sanchez Energy (SN) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!