UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades VMware (VMW) to Outperform
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 9:33 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded VMware (NYSE: VMW) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $90.
Analyst Ittai Kidron said, "Our positive stance is based on (1) recent AWS and IBM partnerships, which validate VMware as a critical hybrid cloud partner; (2) now, a more complete software-defined data center (SDDC) vision; (3) improved product diversity, with new solutions offsetting challenges to core; and (4) our belief that VMware can deliver EPS upside and that the shares undervalue this upside opportunity and over-discount cloud risks. We also note the possible positive impact of Dell's distribution channel, pegged by VMware at $1B annual revenue. We see upside as investors gradually buy into VMware's hybrid cloud strategy and VMware delivers consistent EPS upside, disproving concerns about growth/public cloud."
Shares of VMware closed at $77.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- JMP Securities Downgrades Essex Property Trust (ESS) to Market Perform
- CBS Corp. (CBS): Raising PT On Higher Retransmission Fees - Needham
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!