UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades VMware (VMW) to Outperform
- Wall Street flat as telecom gains fail to counter oil drop
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 9:33 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded VMware (NYSE: VMW) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $90.
Analyst Ittai Kidron said, "Our positive stance is based on (1) recent AWS and IBM partnerships, which validate VMware as a critical hybrid cloud partner; (2) now, a more complete software-defined data center (SDDC) vision; (3) improved product diversity, with new solutions offsetting challenges to core; and (4) our belief that VMware can deliver EPS upside and that the shares undervalue this upside opportunity and over-discount cloud risks. We also note the possible positive impact of Dell's distribution channel, pegged by VMware at $1B annual revenue. We see upside as investors gradually buy into VMware's hybrid cloud strategy and VMware delivers consistent EPS upside, disproving concerns about growth/public cloud."
Shares of VMware closed at $77.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Gildan Activewear (GIL) Following Investor Meetings
- Stifel Boosts PT on Francesca's (FRAN) to $21; Notes Solid Start to Q4, Confident CEO Strategy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!