UPDATE: Jefferies Starts Applied Materials (AMAT) at Buy
- Humana (HUM) Said to Consider Sale Amid Receipt of Takeover Interest
- U.S. GDP Fell 0.7% in Q1 Amid Weaker Goods Exports, Business Investment - 2nd Est.
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 5/29: (ESI) (HRTX) (DCTH) Higher; (OHGI) (FRO) (GEVO) Lower
- Equinix (EQIX) to Acquire TelecityGroup in $3.6B Deal
- Intel (INTC) Said Near $15B Offer for Altera (ALTR)
Jefferies initiated coverage on Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $28.00.
Analyst Sundeep Bajikar said, "We believe Moore Stress is driving AMAT's merger with TEL. We are confident the merger would complete in 2H14, and translate into increased pricing power and scale benefits. We believe AMAT is best positioned among SemiCap players to benefit from a combination of 1) industry consolidation, 2) technology inflections, and 3) foundry competition. We expect higher margins and cash returns to drive multiple expansion."
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $20.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Avago Tech (AVGO) to Acquire Broadcom (BRCM) in ~$37B Deal
- Jefferies Highlights 20 Specialty Pharma Targets as M&A Frenzy Continues (VRX) (ZTS) (MNK) (JAZZ) (KYTH) (BDSI) (more...)
- Cowen Raises Price Target on Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) Following Q1
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!