UBS Raises Price Target on UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Following Investor Day
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), and raised the price target to $193.00 (from $180.00), following the company's investor day. UNH expects its Medicare Advantage enrollment to grow by 700-800K lives in 2017, a 19-22% Y/Y increase. UBS raised 2016 EPS estimates to $9.45 and 2017 EPS estimates to $10.70.
Analyst A.J. Rice commented, "UNH struck a very positive tone at its investor day. The 2017 adj EPS outlook of $9.30-$9.60 represents Y/Y growth of 16-20%. With respect to the Y/Y EPS tailwind, UNH highlighted roughly $0.25 tailwind from downsizing public exchanges and another $0.25 tailwind related to the HIF moratorium. The remaining $0.80-$1.10 of Y/Y EPS growth is due to the strong performance of the key underlying business. Separately, UNH expects its commercial medical cost trend of 5.5-6.5% in 2017, vs 6% in 2016."
Shares of UnitedHealth Group closed at $157.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- Newell Brands (NWL): Cutting PT - Jefferies
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!