UBS Raises Price Target on Anadarko Petroleum (APC) to $73; Reiterates Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS reiterated a Buy rating on Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC), and raised the price target to $73.00 (from $69.00), following the company's 3Q earnings report. CFPS of $1.56 was above consensus' $1.36. APC raised its 2016 production guidance by ~16 MBoed to 716-721 MBoed, with roughly half of the increase driven by its 3Q beat and the remainder due to higher 4Q production.
Analyst William Featherston commented, "Clean 3Q EPS (loss) of ($0.89) was below UBSe of ($0.50) & consensus of ($0.58) with the miss vs. UBSe driven mainly by a higher non-cash exploration expense & a lower tax (benefit) rate. However, CFPS of $1.56 was above consensus' $1.36 & UBSe of $1.42 driven by production exceeding guidance, better price realizations, & lower per-unit cash costs than estimates. EBITDX rose 7% YoY to $1.19bn, 8% and 15% above UBS and consensus, respectively. Production declined 1% YoY to 780 MBoed, above the 739-761 MBoed guidance range. Per-unit costs declined 5% YoY to $5.68/Mcfe, roughly in line with the peer 3Q avg but 6% above UBSe on higher exploration."
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $59.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!