Twitter (TWTR) Risk Skewed to the Downside Amid Rumor-Fueled Surge - SunTrust's Peck
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey analyst Robert Peck weighed in on Twitter, Inc. (NYSE: TWTR) amid various reports the company has received takeover interest from several parties and may explore a sale. The analyst says with the recent rally he sees unequal risk/reward skewed to the downside. The firm maintained a Neutral rating and price target of $18 on TWTR.
Commenting on potential takeover price, Peck commented: "Typically when a potential deal is actively discussed in mainstream media prior to announcement (pushing the price higher), the premium paid is stated vs. a prior period closing price moving average. For Twitter, we looked at the 30, 60 and 90 day averages and used 40% as a takeout premium. That level of premium would drive prices of $27, $26, and $24 - close to the original $26 IPO price and only up 3% to 15% from today’s price. Further, $26 share price would represent ~$20B transaction value, 22x EV/EBITDA (ignoring excess SBC) and 6.1x EV/Sales on 2017 street estimates – a slight premium to LinkedIn’s takeout multiples. However, should the company clarify that it is not for sale, the shares could trade back down to the ~$18 level, from before the press announcements, or down ~22%."
Shares of Twitter, Inc. closed at $22.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains Into the Close, Test $20 Level
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) call put ratio 4 calls to 1 put
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesSunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Twitter, IPO, Robert Peck
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!