Summit Redstone Upgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Buy
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump nominates Ben Carson to head HUD
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Summit Redstone upgraded NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $45.00.
Analyst Srini Nandury highlighted:
- We are optimistic that the company can grow its product revenue from current levels driven by AFA sales and increasing adoption of clustered ONTAP (“cDot”). We expect the adoption of cDot by the install base to remain ongoing, while sales to new customers to stay robust.
- Strengthened position in Flash: NetApp has been fairly aggressive in pushing All Flash FAS, not only within its install base but also with new customers. Only 2% of customers have moved to using AFA’s. NetApp has a huge install base to convert to FAS over the next few years, and in our opinion, most will move to Flash storage powered by ONTAP, given the company’s data management capabilities. More importantly, most will stick with NetApp, given that the upgrade is more seamless than bringing in a newer vendor and migrating the data. NetApp All Flash FAS continues to disrupt Vmax.
- NetApp is likely to launch an HCI offering based on the recently acquired SolidFire product line.
- Raising our F2017 and F2018 revenue and EPS estimates
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Stifel Upgrades Vince Holding (VNCE) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesSrini Nandury
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!