Summit Redstone Upgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Buy
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Summit Redstone upgraded NetApp (NASDAQ: NTAP) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $45.00.
Analyst Srini Nandury highlighted:
- We are optimistic that the company can grow its product revenue from current levels driven by AFA sales and increasing adoption of clustered ONTAP (“cDot”). We expect the adoption of cDot by the install base to remain ongoing, while sales to new customers to stay robust.
- Strengthened position in Flash: NetApp has been fairly aggressive in pushing All Flash FAS, not only within its install base but also with new customers. Only 2% of customers have moved to using AFA’s. NetApp has a huge install base to convert to FAS over the next few years, and in our opinion, most will move to Flash storage powered by ONTAP, given the company’s data management capabilities. More importantly, most will stick with NetApp, given that the upgrade is more seamless than bringing in a newer vendor and migrating the data. NetApp All Flash FAS continues to disrupt Vmax.
- NetApp is likely to launch an HCI offering based on the recently acquired SolidFire product line.
- Raising our F2017 and F2018 revenue and EPS estimates
Shares of NetApp closed at $34.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesSrini Nandury
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!