Stifel Reiterates Buy on Momenta Pharma (MNTA) Following Positive Phase 3 Data
- Wall Street dips as investors turn defensive
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel reiterated a Buy rating and $20.00 price target on Momenta Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: MNTA) following the company's positive Phase 3 data for Humira.
Analyst Thomas Shrader commented, "Momenta reported positive Phase 3 data in patients with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis for its biosimilar Humira (M923) including equivalence to branded Humira in the PASI-75 endpoint following 16 weeks of treatment. Management commented only that the estimated difference in responders was “well within” the pre-specified confidence interval and that secondary endpoints were also equivalent and adverse events were similar. We find this news unsurprising given Momenta’s focus on analytical characterization of complex biological molecules. The major question remains whether the FDA will set the bar for biosimilar equivalence so low that Momenta’s unique analytical abilities (including cell line engineering) become hard to monetize. We find the upcoming efforts to re-partner M923 likely to be telling with respect to this issue. On other fronts, the efforts to bring Q3W Glatopa to market are gaining steam, we believe."
Shares of Momenta Pharmaceuticals closed at $13.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Piedmont Office Realty Trust (PDM) to Hold
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Rockwell Collins (COL) to Buy
- Xilinx (XLNX) PT Raised to $55 at Deutsche Bank Ahead of 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!