Splunk (SPLK): Cloud Weighs on License But Raising PT - Wedbush
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wedbush analyst, Steve Koenig, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) after a strong revenue beat and guidance raise. Cloud grew rapidly, consistent with channel checks but the transition led to significant license deceleration. Checks and analysis give the analyst confidence in SPLK’s fundamentals, and he suspects greater transparency will be forthcoming in the next several quarters. He would accumulate SPLK on any pullback due to confusion about SPLK’s optics.
SPLK’s upcoming customer conference and analyst day on Sept. 27th; should help investors understand the significance of the company’s cloud transition. The price target increases to $72 from $70.
Shares of Splunk closed at $65.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on ManpowerGroup (MAN) Following 3Q Surprise
- BMO Capital Remains Cautious on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Despite Decline; PT Lowered to $56
- Cowen Upgrades Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!