Simmons Upgrades Chevron (CVX) to Overweight
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Simmons, a unit of Piper Jaffray, upgraded Chevron (NYSE: CVX) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $117.00 (from $110.00).
Analyst Guy Baber commented, "Although delivery remains something of a concern and CVX does not offer the deeply discounted valuation that Shell may, we believe CVX is an attractive name at this point of the cycle. CVX offers impressive financial resilience and dividend sustainability alongside leading operational leverage to eventual oil price normalization and a seemingly more sustainable business model. Premium valuation is warranted."
Shares of Chevron closed at $101.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!