RBC Capital Reiterates Sector Perform on Kroger (KR) Ahead of 3Q
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital reiterated a Sector Perform rating and $37.00 price target on Kroger (NYSE: KR) ahead of the company's 3Q earnings report. After KR confirmed full-year guidance on November 2, there is little risk to the ID Sales for the quarter. Consensus is calling for a 120bps sequential and 110bps two-year ID Sales deceleration. RBC considers this appropriate and has seen similar decelerations at SVU retail, Sprouts, Publix, Walmart, and Whole Foods.
Analyst William Kirk commented, "We are in line with consensus on 3Q ID Sales (+0.5%) but believe there is risk to EPS (RBCe $0.40/consensus $0.41). With no inflection in PPI and worsening CPI (-2.3% in October from -1.6% in July), we expect earnings pressure and little ID Sales upside. Further exacerbating margin pressure is a departure from the record fuel gross margins seen in 3Q'14 and 3Q'15. Reiterating Sector Perform."
Shares of Kroger closed at $33.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Colfax Corporation (CFX) to Outperform
- Goldman Sachs Responds To JP Morgan (JPM) Q4 Report, Blames NII For Weak Top Line Report
- HD Supply Holdings (HDS): Jana Sale Reduces Likelihood Of Breakup - RBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!