Palo Alto Networks (PANW): Raising PT On Strong Channel Checks - Oppenheimer
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer analyst, Shaul Eyal, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Palo Alto Networks (NYSE: PANW) following a round of checks with 20 VARs.
The analyst believes F1Q results on 11/21 (AMC) could see upside for the following reasons:
1) YoY comps are beginning to ease (F1H16 +54% YoY vs. F2H15 +57.5% YoY) and recent industry trends are better understood e.g. the shift towards subscription-based solutions
2) Recent product sales dynamics for the majority of network security vendors (CUDA, FEYE, CHKP) appear to be positive with results exceeding Consensus' product revenue estimates by an average of 3.7% (CY3Q16) which should benefit PANW's product line estimates (+10.4% YoY)
3) Americas (~71% of revenues) remain strong; meanwhile, we believe EMEA (~17%) is seeing improved sales productivity
4) Traps and VM-Series continue to see solid traction
The price target goes to $184 from $177.
Shares of Palo Alto Networks closed at $160.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Summit Redstone Starts Palo Alto Networks (PANW) at Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!