Nomura Securities Reiterates Neutral on Platform Specialty Products (PAH) Following Investor Day
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Nomura Securities reiterated a Neutral rating on Platform Specialty Products (NYSE: PAH), and cut the price target to $12.00 (from $11.00), following investor day. PAH negotiated an option to redeem Series B Preferred shares by December 15 for $460mn in cash and 5.5mn shares of PAH, instead of $600mn in April 2017.
Analyst Aleksey Yefremov commented, "Platform’s well-attended Investor Day in New York showcased the company’s revamped management team. One of the highlights for us was the detailed presentation on the Performance Solutions (PS) segment. Overall, we came away more impressed by the quality of the new PS portfolio and potential growth benefits from integrating acquired businesses. We commend PAH management for stabilizing the business after a rocky 2015, and acknowledge shares look increasingly attractive given 9.1x 2017E EV/EBITDA valuation. Ultimately, balance sheet concerns (7.0x net debt/EBITDA) paired with only modest cash generation in 1H16 keep us at a Neutral rating. However, we see PAH shares as attractive for long-term investors with high tolerance for risk. We acknowledge that the PS segment is undervalued and see optionality in ag recovery."
Shares of Platform Specialty Products closed at $9.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
- SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Reiterates Buy as TD Ameritrade (AMTD) Announces Scottrade Acquisition
- Intersil (ISIL) PT Bumped to $22 at Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!