Nomura Securities Reiterates Buy on TJX Cos. (TJX) Following 2Q Report
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities reiterated a Buy rating and $85.00 price target on The TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX) following the company's 2Q earnings report.
Nomura commented, "At 20.5x and with shares near all-time highs, we believe TJX's lighter guidance coupled with mgmt. highlighting FY18 expenses weighed on shares. With dept stores citing less bad results and brands talking about bringing inventory under control, we believe investors are questioning the multiple premium that has been granted to defensive shares. However, we note that TJX always guides below the Street and with mgmt. citing an abundance of supply concurrent with a rationalizing dept store channel, TJX could actually see a benefit on both sides, helped by AUR as well. With the LT story intact, we reiterate our Buy rating amid today's sell-off."
Shares of The TJX Companies closed at $77.97 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) Following Solid 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!