Nomura Securities Raises Price Target on Ecolab (ECL) to $98; Reiterates Reduce
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities maintained a Reduce rating on Ecolab Inc. (NYSE: ECL), and raised the price target to $98.00 (from $94.00), following mid-year checks. Following -13% declines LTM, and a history of poor predictions, management
now pledges the cycle has bottomed and guides to an implied -6% decline in 2H.
Analyst Dan Dolev commented, "Following -13% LTM declines, mgmt. pledges the energy cycle has bottomed. Yet our proprietary energy model highlights sizable downside to its 2H implied guidance. Oddly, the stock has increased amid receding expectations. Yet we still see ~5% downside to FY17 cons. EPS as energy, legacy, and margin growth expectations remain overly optimistic, especially if the multi-year commodity cost tailwind reverses. With earnings quality in question (since ’12, ECL saw a ~20% dif. on avg. btw. reported and adj. EPS, ahead of 65% of the S&P) and a ~25x P/E, we reiterate REDUCE and see 20% pot. downside."
Shares of Ecolab Inc. closed at $122.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, Nomura, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!